One of the most motivational aspects of the Survivor Fitness community is the way our partners and advocates rally together to support participants in their recovery journey. For the past decade, we’ve been amazed by the various ways people have donated their time and money (and in some cases, sweat) to sponsor scholarships for participants.
Rock the Row has become one of our cornerstone events. Former participants, trainers, board members, and advocates for Survivor Fitness all come together in teams to compete in a relay-style rowing competition. Leading up to the event, participants raise funds to help their team reach their goal to support Survivor Fitness participants.
Highlights from Rock the Row Knoxville
Last month, we hosted our inaugural Rock the Row Knoxville at Performance Training, Inc. Participants showed up early to begin the 20,000 and 30,000-meter competition. Here are a few highlights from the 2023 Rock the Row in Knoxville:
- We had 13 teams (nearly 130 people) attend this event.
- Collectively, the teams rowed more than 260,000 meters!
- Rock the Row Knoxville blew its fundraising goal out of the water, raising more than $34,000 during this year’s event.
Our hosts, Performance Training Inc., took first place in this year’s competition, and it was a blast watching each of the teams give it their all.
Highlights from Rock the Row Nashville
The event in Knoxville was hard to top, but participants in Rock the Row Nashville definitely gave them a “row” for their money. Here are a few of the highlights from the 2023 Rock the Row in Nashville:
- There were 7 teams (70 people) in attendance.
- Each team rowed a full marathon (a little over 42,000 meters).
- CrossFit Freeflow took first place at Nashville’s Rock the Row as well, completing in 2 hours and 17 minutes.
- The generosity from our Nashville community was terrific, with teams raising nearly $50,000 through the event.
Here are a few favorite moments from our Nashville community rowing it out for Survivor Fitness participants:
Join us at Rock the Row in Chattanooga
Want to participate in our next Rock the Row event this year? There’s still time to sign up for our next event in Chattanooga—where you and nine of your friends will go head-to-head to see who can row the fastest and raise the most, all to benefit cancer survivors in these communities! To learn more additional details or to register, please click here.
You can also stay updated on future Survivor Fitness events by signing up for our newsletter.