Do you need a little “pick-me-up” today? When you’re feeling down, affirmations can help you replace negative ideas about yourself or your life with more hopeful and positive thoughts. To give you inspiration for affirmations that may work for you, we’ve shared our thoughts on this practice, along with 25 phrases that will help you divert your mindset to hopeful and calm.
Here’s a question: Can you simply think yourself into a positive mindset? In a way, yes! By replacing your negative thoughts with positive ones and imagining good feelings, you can boost your mood and change your thought patterns. It might feel a little silly to talk to yourself, especially with phrases that may seem obvious, but when you try it, you’ll likely notice your mood changing. Choose the affirmations that resonate with you the most, and try saying them to yourself whenever you’re feeling down. Have one that works best for you? Put it somewhere you can see it every day.
Repeat These Affirmations When You’re Feeling Down
- It’s okay to slow down and rest.
- I am safe.
- I am resilient, and I will make it through.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- One bad moment doesn’t mean a bad day.
- I am so much more than my struggle.
- I am grateful for everything I have.
- I am enough.
- I am not broken.
- This feeling will not last forever.
- I deserve happiness.
- My loved ones value me.
- I do not need to prove my worth to be loved.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am proud of myself for everything I’ve overcome.
- My bad days don’t define my life.
- I am worthy even when I can’t see it myself.
- My negative thoughts about myself are not facts.
- There is no limit to the joy I can feel in my life.
- I give myself permission to fully experience these emotions.
- I’m on my way to becoming the best version of myself.
- I forgive myself for anything I’m holding onto.
- I am an open channel for happiness.
- I honor myself and my strengths.
We invite you to choose the affirmations that resonate with you, or even come up with your own! Of course, each person’s experience is different, so you may try writing a list of phrases that make you feel hopeful, and set a time every day to read them out loud to yourself.
Are You a Cancer Survivor?
Survivor Fitness works with cancer survivors to help them regain their health and wellness through one-on-one personal training and nutritional support. We walk alongside you to progress your post-treatment recovery, empowering you to take control of your healing journey. Connect with us today to learn more!